Friday, March 19, 2010

Cytoxan is done!

Eric has finished his last dose of cytoxan. He has slept most of the day. Still sleeping!! Sick a couple times today. I fixed him some toast this afternoon, but didn't stay down. I have been in and out of the hosptial a couple times today.
Was here when Dr. B. came by. Eric was sleeping. Dr. B says he will feel better this weekend and will then feel bad again as his number drop. I will try to explain the numbers we are watching.. not sure I will really understand myself yet, but we will learn together! :) Jane - if you are reading this, we appreciate your wisdom if can help explain what exactly we are looking for.. Bonnie (my daughter in-law and hospice nurse) please offer your words of wisdom as well. I am sure you deal with this stuff all the time... by the way.. Have I ever told you how proud we are of you!
Today's number:
White blood count: 9.95 Normal range: 4.0 - 10.5
Hemoglobin (part of the red blood cells that holds the oxygen) : 12.5 Normal 14.0 - 18.0
Hematocrit (percent of red blood cells): 37.8, normal 42.0 - 52.0
Platelet count (form blood clots to stop bleeding): 227 Normal 120 - 450
Absolute Neutrophil count (I think this is the one we watch closely?? - says it is a formula to determine infection fighting power: >1000=good protection, 500 - 1000 Fair, 200 - 500 low protection, <200 = minimal. Today Eric's is: 958

So now we wait!!

Today I moved out of the apartment and over to Chris and Andrea's. Tonight will be my first night there..just me and Poncho (the cat)... It is a big old house... Hopefully not too spokey!!
Looking forward to maybe sleeping in tomorrow. It has been a long week with a lot of running back and forth for me. My big project goes live a week from today and people on the team are either checking out mentally or
Freaking OUT! I will be glad when this project is behind me.. hopefully successfully!!!

Hanging out at the hospital, doing much of nothing is exhausting!!! Don't think E is going to be much company tonight, so think I will head back to the house before it gets too late.. Figure out the lay of the land before dark :)
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes... Hopefully this blog helps keep everyone in the loop.
Love to all...
Cindy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Thinking of you lots. Hope you start feeling better soon Eric. Its snowing here tonight. Yuck! Cindy hope you get some time to chill this weekend. You are in our thoughts & prayers. Love ya lots. Norma & Dwayne

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we are praying for you both. Talk to you soon. - R.J.

Jane said...

You are waiting for Eric's neutrophils to go to zero. Then, after about a day, he will get Neupogen to start rebuilding his immune system. It's all good after that!!! Good luck!!