Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Numbers climbing

Thought I would drop a note during the day for a change. Seems like I never get to this blog until after 10:30 at night.

Eric's numbers are rising. Today his WBC = 0.12. Good jump, however we are now doubting that we will be home for Easter. Dr. B thought Monday was more realistic. We have to accept his estimate and he has been spot on so far... Spot on-- do I sound like a Brit yet??? As my project goes live tomorrow a.m. I have been having numerous calls a day with our friends in the UK..Plus the Chicago office is full of Brit's. I love the accent and their quirky sayings.. Sometime when Eric is up to it.. we will have to make a visit to London. I haven't been their yet and would love to go check it out...

Ok, back to Eric.. I walked in the hospital room yesterday and he is beginning to look younger!! All his facial hair, along with the hair on his head he let grow out... is falling out.. He is going to have a clean baby face very soon. I wish I would of brought my camera..
All in all things are good. Eric is doing remarkably better. His walking is good, his thinking and reactions are better. It will be good to get home and start living life again. I am sure he will have a whole new perspective on things. He is anxious to see if he can start minimizing some of his current medications.I think the pain he use to have if much less.

Life is good and we are very thankful for this opportunity!!!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Yay!!

Christofer said...

This is so amazing to hear!!! Love you guys--and maybe we'll get to see you before you leave Chicago! :)
Andrea

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! I don't even know what to say! I'm envisioning you running laps in the hospital, Eric. Can't wait to see you guys in May.
Love ya both
Tracy

John said...

IT IS GREAT TO HEAR YOU SOUNDING SO POSTIVE!! Love you Guys