Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Saturday!

Eric was pretty out of it yesterday. Nausea, sick and sleeping most all day. He doesn't remember me being here yesterday or anything else. I think it was a lost day for him. Today he is a little better. I got here this afternoon and encouraged him to eat something. We started with Jello, moved up to pudding and now he is eating some dinner. We took a walk around the unit. Slow but sure! He is weak from yesterday and stiff from being in bed all day.

I think we lost his cell phone. He set it on the table that wheels over the bed and I think it may have been on the food tray when they picked it up. Hopefully someone in the kitchen will turn it in. The nurse is going to give them a call.

I talked to the nurse regarding Eric's labs. Here is what we are looking for when they say we are waiting for his numbers to bottom out. White blood count 1.0 or < and the Absolute Neutrophil Count 1.0 or <. Right now his numbers are still normal:
WBC = 7.21
Hemoglobin = 12.3
Hematocrit = 36.8
Platelets = 183
ANC = 6.82

It snowed in Chicago today. Crazy weather.. It was 65 yesterday and 33 this afternoon. Last night I spent my first night at Chris and Andrea's. All went well. The cat (Poncho) and I are good buddies now. I woke up to him curled up at my feet. I slept today until noon!! Crazy, I never sleep that long. Must of been tired!! Explored a little in Cicero today. Last night when I was coming home, I stopped at a stop light. Homeless people come up to your car asking for money. He was just working the intersection. Everytime the light changed he headed to the other side where cars were stopped.. Very sad!!

We are watching a movie tonight. Harry Potter!! Not sure which one. Watched the No Iowa vs. Kansas game today. What a big win for Northern Iowa.. I assume Brad is still there. Brad - if you are reading this, don't forget to buy something nice for that lovely wife of yours.. We were going to text him but can't find the phone!! Tom - we got your message.. thanks for calling. Eric smiled when he heard your voice!! We were also going to give you a call, but can't find the phone.

Yahoo! they found the phone.. bringing it up soon. It was on the food tray. Signing off for tonight.. God Bless!
Cindy

No comments: